No obstacle is insurmountable when you are working with our experienced immigration attorneys. We assist companies and individuals with a range of immigration issues, including obtaining work visas and green cards for international employees, helping investors and entrepreneurs immigrate to the United States, facilitating immigrant visa petitions for persons of extraordinary ability (EB1-A) and persons of exceptional ability with a national interest waiver (EB2 NIW), and paving the way for foreign athletes and entertainers to live, train, compete or perform in the United States.

Hiring Foreign WorkersHiring Foreign Workers

When maintaining a competitive edge means hiring foreign nationals, turn to our team of experienced immigration attorneys to manage employment-based immigration petitions and applications to get your talent the authorization they need to live and work in the United States.

Trow & Rahal has in-depth knowledge of, and experience with, all employment-based visas and green cards and will help you determine which of the multitude of different visa options is the best fit for your new hire or relocating employee. Contact us to find out more about how we can support your international workforce.

Extraordinary, Outstanding, or Exceptional – Options for Recognized ProfessionalsExtraordinary, Outstanding, or Exceptional – Options for Recognized Professionals

If you are a leader in your industry seeking a path to a green card, you may be eligible for permanent resident status based on either extraordinary ability (EB-1) or exceptional ability (EB-2). Trow & Rahal has in-depth experience in preparing and filing EB-1 or EB-2 National Interest Waiver petitions for foreign nationals, either with an employer as the petitioner or self-petition.

We help foreign nationals with extraordinary or exceptional abilities in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics live and work in the United States indefinitely. Whether you’re an employer or a self-petitioner, we can find the creative immigration strategy that meets your goals.

Retaining Foreign TalentRetaining Foreign Talent

Retaining foreign talent often means moving them from a temporary visa to permanent resident (green card) status in the United States.  When your foreign national professional employees become eligible to apply for permanent resident status, trust Trow & Rahal to manage the application process. Our team has extensive experience in assisting employers in obtaining green cards for employees.

Trow & Rahal works with clients to file green card applications under the following categories: extraordinary ability, outstanding professors and researchers, multinational executives and managers, national interest waivers, special immigrants, and, of course, labor certification using the PERM system.

Investors and EntrepreneursInvestors and Entrepreneurs

For companies or entrepreneurs who wish to invest in a business in the U.S. or open a U.S. office of an existing overseas business, Trow & Rahal will integrate their business goals with viable immigration strategies. Our expertise in both nonimmigrant (temporary) visas and immigrant visas (permanent resident/green cards) for multinational companies, entrepreneurs, and investors makes Trow & Rahal’s immigration strategies for international businesses highly effective.

Visa options include those targeting start-up founders, multinational executives and managers, and foreign entrepreneurs and investors. We help international businesspeople navigate these visa options.

Researchers and ScholarsResearchers and Scholars

While most researchers and scholars can qualify for many different types of visas, there are some specifically designated for them.  These include the J-1 temporary visa and the EB-1b petition for a green card as an Outstanding Researcher or Professor.  If you are a university,  research institution or private company with a research department looking to bring international researchers or scholars into the United States, you could benefit from the assistance of Trow & Rahal’s team of immigration lawyers.

Talking to our experienced team of immigration attorneys will give you a better idea of all the paths available to you, whether you are a world-renowned scholar or a researcher hoping to gain valuable experience in the United States. Call us to schedule a consultation before you begin the visa application process.

Citizenship and  NaturalizationCitizenship and Naturalization

There are four paths to United States citizenship: birth, acquisition, naturalization, and derivation. Those born in the United States are citizens automatically. Children born abroad to at least one American parent can acquire citizenship. Green card holders who meet all eligibility requirements can apply for U.S. citizenship through the naturalization process, while their minor children may “derive” citizenship through them if the children are under the age of 18 when at least one parent naturalizes. The path to U.S. citizenship isn’t always straightforward and can take a long time; our experienced immigration attorneys guide clients during this process to overcome any immigration-related challenges they might face.

Trow & Rahal immigration attorneys have expertise in citizenship law and assist clients throughout the acquisition, derivation, or naturalization process. Contact our office to find out how we can help you become an American citizen.